Sunday, January 6, 2008

My Altered little girls ironing board

Shown at an angle sitting on the floor. It can be adjusted to 2 diff. heights.
From the side. I stained all the legs and bottom of the board with Raisin color wash. Instead of spraying it I used a brush and dipped it in the bottle. Then I used my wooden dabber that I use for alcohol inks and put 3 different colors of lumiere on the legs and sides, metalic russet, copper and brass.
Top of board lying on the floor.
Top of board sitting straight up on my craft table. I used two shiny cutouts (the big pictures) of victorian children and then a bunch of smaller ones. I put scrapbook paper and napkins down first with modge podge. I tore the paper and darkened the edges. Then I put modge-podge over the whole thing. Then I stained it all and did the lumieres and then I modge podged the pictures on. I took it outside and sprayed the whole top with fixative and then added a glaze to the whole top. I will probably finish it with an acrylic finishing coat.
Kat

5 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Kat it is beautiful .... so much work but such a fabulous results ... be very proud of yourself ... Linda F

Aileen (Pronounced A-Leen) said...

Wow Kat your blog is a feast for the eyes and I didn't even realize I don't think that you had a blog I will add your blog to mine!! Your work is just beautiful and inspiring, thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful pictures!! Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Kat this is great. Lovely job. Thanks for the share.

Kate said...

Kat, this is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderfully creative and beautifully expressive piece of art. Love your other work here, too. Very inspiring. :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Simply amazing. I also enjoy your great explanation of the process. Hearing about it on the phone is not nearly as exciting as seeing it in photos. It exceeds even my wildest imagination.

Elizabeth
Wichita, KS